Re: dom0 -> domU packet loss

> I noticed that Linux is requesting "feature-rx-notify" in its network
> driver to request the dom0 use an additional buffer to reduce packet
> loss. I added this to some of my NetBSD hosts and I'm no longer getting
> drops.

It looks like this is not enough. Eventually one of several hosts running
this patch will suddenly slow to a crawl after a couple of days.

I notice that the linux driver switched from RING_PUSH_REQUESTS to
RING_PUSH_REQUESTS_AND_CHECK_NOTIFY. I've added this to some of my
systems, but it may take me several days to see if it's stable.

I'll try out iperf on it.

--
- Brian