Re: kernfs (was: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/utils/sysinst)

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 02:33:52PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> > > It is used to provide kernel interfaces for dom0 to some
> > > Xen-specific routines, like privileged commands to
> > > hypervisor (mapping domU's memory
> > > inside dom0, altering domU's states, ...), and
> > > expose information required by Xenstore to work properly.
> >
> > [moving thread from source-changes to port-xen]
> >
> > NetBSD/Xen can move away from kernfs. Use ioctl() for
>
> ioctl() against what ? ioctl wants a file descriptor ...

We already use an ioctl() for privcmd. See tools/libxc/xc_netbsd.c
in xentools. But we can move from /kern/xen/privcmd
to /dev/xen/privcmd and we can also move all xen related
xen devices under /dev/xen for consistency. Solaris does this.
See tools/libxc/xc_solaris.c in xentools.

Christoph