Re: "Hotplug scripts not working" when starting domU

Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:17:07PM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 11:50:25AM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
# /etc/rc.d/xenbackendd stop
# xenbackendd -d
d'oh! I completely missed the bit about xenbackendd in the instructions, and I had only started xend. With xenbackendd running, I get a bit farther, but I'm still seeing some errors about unable to find /local/domain/0/... not found. Then when I tried to kill all the xen proceses because things seemed
to be hanging, I got a panic.  oops.

Anyway, I seem to have managed to get it working with just the disk device, so
 I'm on figuring how to get the vif line working.

did you create tre bridge it attaches to ?

Yeah, I did all that, and got it all working ok. It was pretty easy once I started all the necessary daemons.

So far the only quirk I've run to is that I can't power off the machine, even with a "halt -p" in dom0.

However, I'm thinking of starting over, because I didn't realize that there is a newer 3.3 version of Xen. Is there any reason that I wouldn't want to use the most recent Xen?

No showstoppers. The only persistent bug that I'm currently aware of is the inability to attach to a domu with an ID of 1 using 'xm console'.

ACPI has always been a little funny and I've never been able to power down my self, no-matter the version of dom0. GENERIC has always worked fine.

There's no real reason to start over, except to get used to the procedure. So long as your xen kernel/xentools and dom0/domu all align then everything should work. I normally just boot into GENERIC, delete the packages and then install the latest. This has the added benefit of being a LOT faster during compiles :)

If the system doesn't panic ;) ... then you can do all the above in dom0, just make sure you have a GENERIC kernel handy.

Sarton