Re: SEMVMX apparently too low after domu kernel update

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 04:03:29PM +1100, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> Sarton O'Brien wrote:
>> Is this one of those recompile scenarios or has something actually been
>> lowered and is preventing pgsql from starting?

I would guess two separate issues..

the SHM one may be to do with enforcing rlimits for mapping anons, of which
there was some discussion recently.

> After recompiling postgresql I was presented with 'invalid checksum in
> control file', which is usually associated with moving to a different
> arch.

This may be the time_t size change, if it wrote a timestamp in the control file.

> I'm guessing there was probably some libc changes or something equally
> fundamental. I must have missed the heads up.
>
> All is well now after recompiling, restoring from a dump and modifying
> the conf.

Bummer, but good to know, I'll be prepared accordingly for my pg instances.