Re: recent linux kernel for xen 3.1.4

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 03:40:46PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> That would be hard. Last time I looked into it, fedora uses (since fc9 I
> think) the pv_ops kernel implementation from vanilla Linux, instead of
> the one from XenSource.

unfortuanbly yes, this is what I got from web documents too.

> And at least, it does not support dom0 boot yet, which is WIP for
> 2.6.29. See
>
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
>
> Quick look at their wiki isn't that much promising, I guess that dom0
> support is a regression from previous fedora:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0
>
> I still have the Debian kernel (2.6.18), which works fine with our Xen
> 3.1.4. However, I am not really sure that it will fit a recent fedora
> system...

It doesn't, I did try. Another issue is that FC8 didn't work with
the network adapter in my test box (which NetBSD supports just fine,
even under 3.1)

Anyway my test box just hung and I can't reboot it before monday,
so I think I'll just reinstall a fc8 at that time, in the hope that
a kernel update will make the network adapter work ...