Re: timer is off in HVM FreeBSD

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>> It depend if it's a native kernel in a HVM guest, or a PV kernel.

If I understand correctly, FreeBSD's Xen support is in a source branch
but not in RELEASE.  I used 7.0-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

>> So it looks like you have a HVM domU. What version of Xen is it ?

Xen 3.3 from pkgsrc-2008Q3.  For a record, it could not be installed
with Xen 3.1.4 (on NetBSD4.0) since early in booting the ISO image
goes into inifinite loop of trap register dump or something like it in
the virtual console.  It occurs before I can open vncviewer and
couldn't know what is the first cause.

While we're at it: /usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/hvm from pkgsrc
xentools33 says:

# By default, 'xm create' will try to open an X window on the current display
# for the virtal framebuffer.

But this does not occur in my environment and I need vnc=1 and
running vncviewer manually.  xentools33/Makefile has a commented out
SDL inclusion line, so I guess it's disabled?

                                                FUKUMOTO Atsushi
                                                fukumoto%imasy.or.jp@localhost