Solaris HVM domU on NetBSD domO i386 ?

Hi,

I would like to run Solaris as a HVM (Intel VT) domU on my laptop, running
NetBSD -current i386.

I'm using Xen 3.1.4 to virtualize windows xp and it does work very well (HVM of
course).

I tried to boot Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris (altougth I would prefer in short
term be
able to use Solaris for testing) under Xen but It hangs after grub...

(black screen, a dash in top left)
nothing in the console... (xm console)

I also tried qemu: I could sucessfully install Solaris 10 (in console mode) but
I couldn't boot it after installation (hang, then, reboot)

Is there know issues concerning solaris & xen on NetBSD ?

I've read somewhere that there could be some issues with Xen < 3.1.2 that were
fixed with Xen 3.2.

Although xentools33 are said "only for: linux & netbsd amd64 or i386" I read on
the list that Xen 3.3 needs PAE support, so that we need x86_64 to use this
version of Xen, and compelled to stay back to 3.1.4 with i386...

Any hints ?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

-- my config file:

kernel = "/usr/pkg/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 965
shadow_memory = 8
pae=0
name = "solaris"
vcpus = 2
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:16, bridge=bridge0, type=ioemu' ]
device_model = '/usr/pkg/libexec/qemu-dm'
#disk = [
'file:/home/zecrazytux/softwares/virtual_machines/solaris/solaris.img,ioemu:hda,w','file:/home/zecrazytux/softwares/isos/solaris.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r'
]
disk = [
'file:/home/zecrazytux/softwares/virtual_machines/solaris/solaris.img,ioemu:hda,w'
]
#boot='d'
extra = 'xencons=tty'
serial='pty'
vnc = 1
#vncviewer=1
#vncdisplay = 0
#vncunused = 0
#vncpasswd=""
#vnclisten='127.0.0.1'
#usb=1
vncconsole=1
#usbdevice='tablet'
#usbdevice='mouse'
keymap='fr'

--

Sébastien BOCAHU - zecrazytux

http://zecrazytux.net
zecrazytux%im.apinc.org@localhost
zecrazytux @ #labo-linux #labo-linux.bsd @ irc.freenode.org

Please avoid sending me files in proprietary formats,
such as microsoft word or excel.
Please use open standards instead (for example, pdf).
Plain text is *really* appreciated !