Re: using linux as domU. Error: initializing devices...

Hi,

Quote:Did you check that you could access /dev/wd0e from dom0 (something like dd if=/dev/rwd0e of=/dev/null) ?
---------
Well i can mount it by simple "mount /dev/wd0e /mnt command"., np.

Quote:Do you see anything relevant to the disk device on the domU's console when the linux kernel boots ? At last with fedora and RHEL/RHEL derivatives, xen drivers are not present in the kenrel and are loaded as module, so the kernel has to be booted with a ramdisk to be able to load the xbd driver and switch to the real root. It's also possible that the disk device doesn't show up as hda1 but xvda1
--------
It is not xvda... nor hda... I didn't see any hd* sd* and xvd* entries in ~linux/dev. I also installed grub and tried using ubuntu way: kernel+initrd as module.

I think im just unlucky... I need to play more or maybe better to ask someone how he/she installed xen enabled a favorite distribution as domU; ie; ubuntu, opensuse, fedora... from their CDs/DVDs.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Manuel Bouyer, 11/16/08 17:19: