Re: Xen2 removal: now or later

Christoph Egger wrote:

The question is: when is the right time to throw away Xen 2 ?

Should it be done now or should we wait for
a) PCI passthrough with Xen 3 is there
b) or netbsd-5 got some testing just in case to make pullups
   for Xen 2 easier ?

The Pro item for removing Xen 2 now is that code becomes
cleaner and easier to deal with. Working on new stuff
is a lot easier then.

Just wondering: is there any code we could extract from Xen 2 in regards to PCI passthrough that could be useful for Xen 3?

It would be a waste to throw away code that we will have to add again later.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost