xenbackendd not set up properly

I get the following message when starting up my dom0
Sep  2 00:23:28 logos michael: /etc/rc.d/xenbackendd: WARNING: $xenbackendd is n
ot set properly - see rc.conf(5).
Sep  2 00:28:41 logos michael: /etc/rc.d/xenbackendd: WARNING: $xenbackendd is n
ot set properly - see rc.conf(5).
Sep  2 00:29:16 logos last message repeated 2 times

I'm using xen 3.3
and this is my -current build
NetBSD logos 4.99.72 NetBSD 4.99.72 (XEN3_DOM0) #0: Thu Aug 28
18:45:42 PDT 2008
builds@wb28:/home/builds/ab/HEAD/amd64/200808280002Z-obj/home/builds/ab/HEAD/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOM0
amd64

also when I try to run xenbackendd manually, I see this error

# /etc/rc.d/xenbackendd start
B: not found
/etc/rc.d/xenbackendd: WARNING: $xenbackendd is not set properly - see rc.conf(5
).

I notice B: not found coming up during shutdown, but I decided to
ignore it until the time came where I thought it may be relevant to
something important.

I looked at at the man page for rc.conf (section 5), as the error
message suggested but could not find anything that looked relevant.
Hints?

Michael Litchard