Re: amd64 panics w/XEN_DOM0, not GENERIC

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 09:54:30AM -0400, Todd Kover wrote:

>  > OK. I guess it's calling physio_biodone() though stdone() (the stack
>  > frames got optimized, so stdone() doesn't show up in the stack
>  > trace).  Can you run a kernel with the attached patch (either GENERIC
>  > of XEN3_DOM0) ? It should give more details about what's going on.
>
> With the GENERIC (+DEBUG+DIAGNOSTIC) kernel, I got:
>
> stdone error 5 count 32768 resid 0

So the device reported an EIO. You didn't get SCSI error messages before
the panic, did you ?
The attached patch may fix the panic, but I'm not sure it's correct.
It could actually cause the driver to report an error, while the data
actually got written. But I'm not sure what the correct fix would
be in such a case ...
I'm also interested to know if the aprint_error_dev("EOM detected") I added
fires up just before "fixing b_resid".

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost