Re: xentools33 without X

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Brad Pitney wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 01:16:16PM +0100, Brad Pitney wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to have xentools33 without X? styled
after xentools3 and xentools3-hvm?

From a quick look, I don't think xentools33 requires X, I see nothing
in the dependancies which should pullup X.

But if it indeed needs X, then it should be split the way xentools3 was

I did try to build xentools33 and it seemed to fail without X, so I
left it as I thought the package was still a work in progress. I'll
reply again with the error/build failure

The dependence is because of SDL which is only needed by HVM guests. So yes, I think it should be split.

Alternatively, it should be possible to make SDL an option for people who want to use HVM and vnc only (though I've not looked to see whether SDL can be disabled).

--
Stephen