Re: xen vs bridges

> Nothing in the xennet protocol prevents us from using MTU up to 2k.
> The linux frontends and backends limit it to 1500 though, so we'd
> need a way to know what MTU backends support.  I guess we could just
> add a mtu property in the Xen store ...

For my purposes, I just want it to work with NetBSD and I don't care
about compatability with other domU OSes.  Will it work to just patch
the xennet and xvif drivers to give them ETHERCAP_VLAN_MTU, or would I
need to do something more?  (Obviously, this would not be a good way
for NetBSD to go, but in this case I'm willing to go with a kludge.)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign