Re: Dom0 panic during cvs update/smb transfer in domu

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 12:18:47PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
Only vga console so copied by hand.

cpl 8 rsp ffffa0000be7e7f8
Stopped in pid 0.36 (system) at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5:   leave
breakpoint() at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x255
__kernassert() at netbsd:__kernassert+0x2d
evtchn_do_event() at netbsd:evtchn_do_event+0x263

is it i386 or amd64 ?
Also, typing 'dmesg' at db> should give you the panic message,
which contains the line of the kassert().

amd64 dom0 and i386pae domu.

only usb keyboard ... I'll have to look at getting some kinda usb adapter for serial console.

I think it's triggered more readily when a parity rewrite is taking place, though, usually a decent hit of smb traffic will take it down aswell.

I just realised the domu kernel is possibly a week out of date. I'm in the process of converting them over to amd64 so if I experience it again afterwards, I'll try and capture something more useful, I think I have a dodgy belkin usb dock that has a serial port.

Sarton