Re: init receiving SIGILL on XEN3_DOM0/amd64

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 04:58:40PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> OK, I've been seeing this occasionally now on an Intel CPU. A dom0 kernel will
> fail to start init in this way once in a while. But hitting ^A^A^AR on the
> serial console cause the system to reboot, and the next boot is usually
> successfull without changing anything in kernel or boot options.
>
> The intermittent aspect makes it hard to debug, and also confuses me a bit
> about what the cause could be.

Odd. I found it extremely consistent, always when the root device is not set
properly (wrong or no root=/bootdev=) and it has to ask. AMD box, 4GB RAM,
booting from wd2a. USB keyboard.
I can probably get some sort of dump out of it, if that would be helpful.