Re: HVM FreeBSD with w/ vmxassist=n

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

There is some very recent discussion on the Xen lists about making
FreeBSD work under HVM.  The trick is to recompile the binaries
declaring 'vmxassist=n'.  Presumably we would do that using pkgsrc.

Does anyone have FreeBSD working as an HVM guest?  Is this hack
required?  Hopefully not a 3.2-only issue.

This is required on Intel CPUs. For AMD CPUs, you don't need vmxassist
at all.

Unfortunately I wont be able to rebuild my Xen lab until the 26th.