Re: domU and a PCI network card

Quentin Garnier wrote:
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:00:36PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
Hi Peter,

Peter A Eisch wrote:
This is my first taste of Xen.  It was a little rough getting dom0 up on
centos 5, but now I'm looking at netbsd-4-0 in a couple domUs.

I've done the pciback hide in dom0 and it's presenting two PCI devices to
my domU.  Can someone share some kernel conf goodness that represents the
right way to get pci? to bind inside the domU?

I'm specifically trying to get two gig-e ports (wm, two in each domU)
where I'll then need to create vlan's on the nic's.

This will work, right?
I think you'll find that it won't. NetBSD/Xen does not yet support the ability to utilise physical hardware and I believe that is the case even

IIRC, true for Xen 3, false for Xen 2.  I.e., our Xen 2 code supports
this.

That sounds right. IIRC as far as Xen2 goes, we support whatever Xen2 has to offer.

I shouldn't forget Xen2 exists :) ... the pci scenario isn't covered in the howto unfortunately and I've never actually ventured outside of Xen3 waters, so I'm of no use.

Sarton