console response/interaction requires keypress

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that I have been seeing for a while (probably a month or so) but up until now hasn't really been an issue for me.

The symptom is, when connected to a domu via xm console, that a keypress of any kind is required to display console output.

Ie. when connecting via xm console, the login prompt is not displayed until I hit enter, then when I begin to type 'root', 'r' is only displayed after I type 'o' etc. When I go to hit enter after typing root, 'roo' is only displayed until the enter key is pressed.

Having ssh available on all existing domus has allowed me to circumvent this issue but in the last week, attempting to bootstrap linux domus has been tortuous. I've also noticed that linux domus won't boot without intervention (I'm required to connect multiple times via xm console to coerce it into completely booting, after which, dmesg and boot log look normal).

Xen3-i386 is completely up-to-date as of yesterday, kernel and userland. The linux domu kernel is taken from the xentools distfile.

I'll note that this isn't always a problem with a NetBSD domu, but it usually occurs after a few console dettaches.

Another thing I've noticed is that I can completely paste a line of text to the console with not character from the entire line being displayed until a keypress is received.

Both linux domus that I have tried exhibit the same behaviour, debian 'etch' and archlinux 'core dump'.

This is probably pr worthy but I'm not quite sure how or where this is occuring.

Any help appreciated.

Sarton