Subject: Re: NetBSD/Xen How to - suggestions
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti@NetBSD.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 02/06/2008 17:43:25
Manuel Bouyer kirjoitti:

>> 3) For some reason when I booted the xen.gz file as the kernel I got a
>>    corrupted file error message.  I tried several times to rebuild this
>>    file without success on booting.  If I uncompressed it and referenced
>>    the uncompressed xen in the kernel line it booted without problem.
>>    I don't know if there is something missing that while booting cannot
>>    decompress the xen.gz or if there is a difference in how the
>>    compression is done relative to decompression on boot.
>
> It looks like the html isn't up to date. The XML source has a note about
> grub limitation, that impose restrictions on the root filesystem
> (smaller than 512Mb, formatted as FFSv1, 8k block/1k fragments).

I have 20 GB root file system here...

ROOT xen1:~> df -h
Filesystem      Size      Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a        19G      1.5G       16G     8%    /
/dev/wd0e       203G       33G      160G    17%    /xen
kernfs          1.0K      1.0K        0B   100%    /kern
procfs          4.0K      4.0K        0B   100%    /proc
tmpfs           4.1G       16K      4.1G     0%    /tmp

ROOT xen1:~> xm info
host                   : xen1
release                : 4.0_STABLE
version                : NetBSD 4.0_STABLE (XEN3_DOM0) #0: Fri Jan 25 12:42:36
EET 2008  root@xen1:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOM0
machine                : i386