Subject: Debug and diagnostic options
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino@ac.upc.edu>
List: port-xen
Date: 02/05/2008 17:07:01
Hello,

[ Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to this list ]

I see that the default configuration files for Xen, both in i386 and
amd64, have the DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC options turned on by default
[*].  Why is this?  Can they be removed and let the user decide if he
really wants them, as we do with all other kernels?

I'm asking because I added those two options to a GENERIC.local file
and then rebuilt the whole system, hoping that all release kernels
would be built with these options.  But, to my surprise, the built
broke because they were being redefined in the Xen kernels.

Thanks.

* Little inconsistency: the ones in i386 do not define makeoptions
DEBUG="-g", whereas the ones in amd64 do.