Subject: Re: "Invalid kernel" error in netbsd 4 domU under xen 3.2, linux dom0
To: Jim Cipar <jcipar@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Silas Silva <silasdb@gmail.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/29/2008 17:39:53
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 02:36:25PM -0500, Jim Cipar wrote:
> It looks like a PAE/Non-PAE mismatch.  If Xen is compiled for PAE, it
> can only boot PAE guests.  NetBSD Xen/PAE support was merged with
> current a few days ago (according to the mailing list, I haven't tried
> it).  The easiest solution is to use amd64 if you've got the hardware.

Sorry, forgot to tell the hardware. It is actually a x86 machine (Intel Xeon
1.86 GHz Dual Core). But it might have this feature.

I wonder if it would be better (easier and secure (it is a production
machine)) either to recompile xen or recompile the NetBSD kernel.

Thank you very much.

--
Silas Silva - http://www.purl.org/NET/silas/site