Subject: Re: Xen 3.2.0 Packages
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/24/2008 11:13:11
On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 08:35:16AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2008-01-24 00:10 +0100 (Thu), Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what this would do with bulk builds. Would they still build
> > all versions of the package ?
>
> Well, you can't install 3.2 with 3.1 installed, or vice versa. I have no
> idea what the bulk build system does in this case. What does it do if you
> mark packages with different names as conflicting?

For each package it starts from a clean system, with only the
required dependancies installed. It won't be a problem at built time,
what I'm wondering about is the pre-build stage, when it resolves the
dependancies. But I see we have both mutt-1.4.2.3.tgz and mutt-1.5.17nb3.tgz
from the bulk build, so it should be OK. We just need to be carefull in
the DEPENDS= lines between e.g. xentools3* and xentools3*-hvm