Re: Xen 3.2.0 Packages

On 2008-01-23 15:23 +1100 (Wed), Daniel Carosone wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:41:23AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> > Given that 3.1.2 starts with a messed-up VGA console (it goes into
> > 50 line mode, and the top-half and bottom-half lines are arranged
> > somewhat weirdly, as if it thinks it's a 25-line console)
>
> This part, at least, is simply a matter of a boot option (passed via
> grub) telling xen to use 25-line mode.  Or potentially compileing a
> dom0 kernel that uses 50-line mode, but I didn't try that.

If I recall correctly, even the xen kernel output appears to "broken" in
this 50-line mode, and it comes up in 25-line mode on other machines. I
looked about for options related to this, and didn't see any. And xen
3.2.0 comes up in 25-line mode. So this really looks like a Xen bug, not
proper behaviour, to me.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs%starling-software.com@localhost>        +81 90 7737