Subject: Re: Xen i386PAE status
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Heigl <floh@deranfangvomen.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/23/2008 13:50:52
Hi Manuel,

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 12:29:46PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> in the bouyer-xeni386 cvs branch I've been working on adding support
> for i386 PAE to NetBSD/xen (so that we have i386 kernels that can
> run on an x86_64 or x86_32-PAE hypervisor). This should allows to
> run NetBSD/xen on most linux Xen install out of the box.
>
> I've tested it on a x86_64 hypervisor with NetBSD as dom0, and it's stable
> enough to boot multiuser and complete a build.sh -j4 release.
> Some minor cleanups may still be needed (like remove some debug
> printf/printk which are still there), but I think the branch is
> otherwise ready to be merged.

You made my day!
Finally i'll be able to run NetBSD domUs again. I just had rebuilt my
lan based on a lot of debian etch domUs, with a lot of grinding teeth,
and I can't stop smiling at the prospect of tonight's rm -f /xen/vbd*/deb-*

Thank you a lot!

--

florian heigl			 http://deranfangvomen.de/
Uebrigens: Viele DV-Leiter reagieren auf die Frage, welche