Subject: Re: amd64 4Gb RAM, NetBSD (HEAD) XEN3_DOM0
To: Etienne <etienne.pub@magickarpet.org>
From: Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/22/2008 17:35:02
--------------030201040707040405020602

Etienne wrote:
> Selon Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>:
>
> Hello,

>>> What shell do you have ?
>>>

>> /bin/sh
>>

> On the similar hardware, with the 200801190002Z/amd64 snapshot, I have the
> following behaviour: In /bin/sh, the backspace key works produces rubbish like
> "<-]<-]K" (control ?) characters. In /bin/ksh, it works ok. But in both shells,
> the output of a man page is full of the aforementioned characters, and the shell
> needs a "reset" thereafter. Because of the same symptoms, vi becomes unusable.

That sounds more or less exactly as what I was experiencing...
> The system has been started with "console=pc" on the GrUB command-line.
>
> Don't know if it's related, but I have some error messages in the init process
> that do _not_ appear when the system is started with the Generic-kernel and not
> in the XEN3_DOM0/Xen environment:
>
> wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
> wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
> wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
> savecore: can't find device 3945/406896

Those I do not recall, but they could have been there.
> getty[380]:/dev/ttyE2: Device not configured
> getty[394]:/dev/ttyE1: Device not configured
> getty[399]:/dev/ttyE3: Device not configured

Something like that I do recall seeing.

Thanks!
Jan

--------------030201040707040405020602

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Etienne wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Selon Jan Knepper <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:jan@digitaldaemon.com">&lt;jan@digitaldaemon.com&gt;</a>:

Hello,

  </pre>
        <pre wrap="">However, after login the terminal settings seems to be bogus:
&lt;Backspace&gt; and other keys that make life easy for command line editing
do not seem to work well.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">What shell do you have ?

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">/bin/sh
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
On the similar hardware, with the 200801190002Z/amd64 snapshot, I have the
following behaviour: In /bin/sh, the backspace key works produces rubbish like
"&lt;-]&lt;-]K" (control ?) characters. In /bin/ksh, it works ok. But in both shells,
the output of a man page is full of the aforementioned characters, and the shell
needs a "reset" thereafter. Because of the same symptoms, vi becomes unusable.
  </pre>
That sounds more or less exactly as what I was experiencing...<br>
  <pre wrap="">The system has been started with "console=pc" on the GrUB command-line.

Don't know if it's related, but I have some error messages in the init process
that do _not_ appear when the system is started with the Generic-kernel and not
in the XEN3_DOM0/Xen environment:

wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
savecore: can't find device 3945/406896
  </pre>
Those I do not recall, but they could have been there.<br>
  <pre wrap="">getty[380]:/dev/ttyE2: Device not configured
getty[394]:/dev/ttyE1: Device not configured
getty[399]:/dev/ttyE3: Device not configured
  </pre>
Something like that I do recall seeing.<br>
Thanks!<br>
Jan<br>
  <pre wrap="">

  </pre>