Subject: Re: Newbie question about amd64 Xen Dom0
To: Ernesto Bascon <ebasconp@gmail.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@netbsd.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/20/2008 15:21:25
On 2008-01-19 21:09 -0400 (Sat), Ernesto Bascon wrote:

> grub-install I get a:
> The file /grub/stage1 not read correctly.

Hm. Maybe just do the grub-install it by hand? Create /grub and copy
/usr/pkg/lib/grub/i386-/* into it.

I'm definitely curious to see how you get along with Xen. I've found
that Xen 3.2 works much better on my AMD x64 / Asus M2A-VM HDMI, but
still doesn't work properly; in particular, disk I/O (to a SATA disk) is
incredibly slow, and the system can take 15 seconds to respond to a ping
when doing heavy disk I/O. (This is all in a dom0; I've not tried a domU
yet.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs@starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974