Subject: Re: the bouyer-xeni386 branch
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/10/2008 20:48:24
On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 08:34:12PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm almost done merging xen support back in arch/i386, in the same way it
> was done for amd64 Xen supoort (there's much, much less duplicate code this
> way). There's only spl.S and vector.S remaining, which I hope to handle this
> evening, as well as reworking a bit the xen/i386 config files to match amd64
> (especially, introduce a arch/xen/include/i386 directory and move some files
> here).

When looking at the amd64 locore.S and vector.S I found that they were
largely unreadably because they seemed to contain the amd64 and xen
implementations of certain functions that were 98% different.
I actually considered splitting out some of the xen code into a different
file!

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk