Subject: Re: console problem
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/27/2007 15:53:25
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > So, I tried to install NetBSD 3.1 in a Xen 3.1 HVM running
> > over Ubuntu Gutsy X86_64. The NetBSD installer fails during
> > kernel boot because it can't find /dev/console.

Can you report the exact error messages, and what you did to get the
error.  (I don't know what you mean by "the NetBSD installer" -- is is a
CD-ROM image, a kernel, or something else, and where did it some from?)

> that's expected: init should mount a tmpfs over /dev and create the
> devices here. I guess your problem is that it doesn't start init ...

No, I think init's being started; otherwise you'd get "panic: no init".

--apb (Alan Barrett)