Subject: Re: XEN kernels suggestion
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/22/2007 19:48:53
On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 06:15:06PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now that Manuel added support for NetBSD/Xen on amd64, I think it's
> time to not duplicate more config kernels. IMHO we'd have to derive
> XEN*_DOM* from GENERIC and INSTALL_XEN*_DOM* from INSTALL if possible.
>
> Any objection? if nobody volunteers to do that, I might be able to do it.

It may be doable for DOM0 kernels, where most devices are shared with
GENERIC (but I suspect it would be a bit messy anyway), but for Xen domU and
INSTALL kernels I'm not sure it's doable. No devices from GENERIC or INSTALL
are relevant for Xen DomU kernels.

I'd rarther see a file per bus type (ISA, EISA, etc) to be included
in kernel configs that needs them. Then we could have XEN*_DOM0 be derived
from XEN*_DOMU.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>