Re: x86 changes

On Friday 21 September 2007 00:41:46 Andrew Doran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just realised that I am not subscribed to this list.. Is anyone willing
> to try a Xen kernel with this patch?
>
>       http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/x86.diff

In xenfunc.h, you have this:

+vaddr_t
+rcr2(void)
+{
+
+       return 0;       /* XXX Why? */
+}

How about this:

#ifdef MULTIPROCESSOR
#define curvcpu()    (/* Multiprocessor support not yet implemented */)
#else
#define curvcpu()    (0)
#endif

vaddr_t
rcr2(void)
{
#ifdef XEN3
       int v = curvcpu();
       return HYPERVISOR_shared_info->vcpu_info[v].arch.cr2;
#else
       __PRINTK(("XXX rcr2 not supported\n"));
       return 0;
#endif
}

Did you try to run a NetBSD/Xen Dom0 and a NetBSD/Xen DomU ?
Xen emulates some instructions such as rdmsr/wrmsr for Dom0, but not
for DomU.