Re: DomU hangs with Xen 3.1

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:58:23 pm John R. Shannon wrote:
> Since switching a server to 3.1 I've been experiencing infrequent hangs
> of various domUs. In a recent one, the console of a non-responsive domU
> showed:
>
> xbd0: grant still used by backend
>
> dom0 and domU are running NetBSD 4.99.30 on a Pentium 4 platform.

I'm not as knowledgeable as some on this list but if you provide some more
details it may aide an answer, as this doesn't seem to be an issue I've seen
before ...

* Are kernel and userland in sync?
* pkg listing for xen related software
* xen config (grub and domu)
* dmesg from xen, dom0 and domu if possible
* Any modifications to the kernel config
* What did you switch from? xen 3.0? on the same box?

I can't guarantee any of this is going to help but it may show an
inconsistency somewhere. The other possibility is you hit a bad timeframe for
cvs as you are running close to the latest current version.

And just curious as this is not necessarily related ... are you running serial
console or vga?

Sarton