Re: recent dom0 kernels reboot on loading?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:34:13 pm Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> after removing "console=tty0" the system dose not go in reboot any more,
> but boot process stops somewhere later -- the host is not reached by
> network. Unfortunately, I do not see any netbsd kernel messages, it appears
> they go to serial console. I have no serial cable and can't say what was
> going on exactly, but I suspect it could not mount root device. After
> removing "root=/dev/hda1" the system booted and I have it alive now,
> although without vga console. XEN3_DOMU booted ok.

OK, well you have at least nailed it down to the console redirection when xen
is initialising. Well done! We overlooked it. I'll have to see if I incur the
same side-effects if I get a chance. Might also be time to utilise that
serial port as it seems the developers are mainly accessing xen this way,
hence no developer stumpling across this one.

As Manuel would say, "root=/dev/hda1" is a copy and paste from a linux config.
The correct line would be "bootdev=wd0", obviously replacing wd0 with your
applicable nbsd device.

I believe root= is now an equivelent? ... but you would still need to specify
a nbsd device, not a linux one.

Sarton