Re: recent dom0 kernels reboot on loading?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:37:11 pm Daniel Carosone wrote:
> I've uploaded this XEN3_DOM0 kernel to ftp:/pub/NetBSD/misc/dan -
> either you'll be able to reproduce the problem with this kernel, and
> we can look at problems with source or toolchain, or you can't and
> there's something odd about my machine or memory layout or bios or
> ... *shrug*.
>
> That being said, I'm pretty confident the problem is kernel related,
> in that my netbsd_dom0.old still works fine for dom0 and HVM guests.
> Thankfully, it also seems that -current userland works well enough on
> this old kernel.

I believe you are right as I have been using xen on this machine for some time
and have progressed through the changes being made to xen and they have
applied to my box with no issues, with the exception of the latest kernel
builds.

As you said, luckily current userland appears to function ok within dom0 with
a kernel as far back as mine (mid-june).

Sarton