Subject: Re: mutex fault and no symbol table on recent Dom0 and Xen
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@gmx.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 08/20/2007 17:29:06
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:19:21 +0200
> "Christoph Egger" <Christoph_Egger@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> > Once you are involved in mercurial, you will find kdiff3 [1] very
> > useful to merge files. Unfortunately, this is not available via pkgsrc
> > (or I can't find it). Can someone package it, please?
> >
> I see it in devel/kdiff3.

Thanks for this information. I obviously looked into the wrong places.

>  I've never tried it -- are its advantages
> over diff3 (part of the base system) sufficiently great to warrant
> dragging in all of kde?

hmm... I think, this question is very much bound to a person.
When it comes to resolve merge conflicts, I personally prefer kdiff3.

Resolving conflicts with mercurial (which uses diff3) is different
as with cvs.
You can configure mercurial with editing .hg/hgrc (.hg exists in the
toplevel directory of the repository). Add a section

[ui]
merge = /usr/bin/diff3

to use diff3 (which is the default anyway)
or use

[ui]
merge = <path-to-kdiff3>/kdiff3

to use kdiff3.