Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 07/01/2007 22:59:59
   On Jun 29, 18:23, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
   > Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
   >
   > Maybe it's just a cache alignement issue with this specific application.
   > My system is a dual-xeon 5050:
   > (XEN) CPU: Trace cache: 12K uops, L1 D cache: 16K
   > (XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 2048K

My system is a single Core Duo T2300.  I assumed Xen took
care of dual core scheduing, so I've been using original
XEN3_DOM0 and XEN3_DOMU without modification.  Should I
configure DOM0 to support SMP?

Anyway, Xen 3.1.0 is showing following.

(XEN) CPU: L1 I cache: 32K, L1 D cache: 32K
(XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 2048K
(XEN) CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0
(XEN) CPU: Processor Core ID: 0

(XEN) CPU: L1 I cache: 32K, L1 D cache: 32K
(XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 2048K
(XEN) CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0
(XEN) CPU: Processor Core ID: 1

Core Duo is using a single 2MB L2 cache from both core.  So,
it is possible to happen some issue here.  No issue before,
at least I didn't notice issues before, though.

Regards,
-- Kazushi
Basic is a high level languish.
APL is a high level anguish.