Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/20/2007 07:43:36
--aRzsUE0Mp86t8N62

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:53:18PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Is the first panic() also a "read_psl() == 0" one ?

Just a note to confirm that Xen 3.1 hasn't changed the problem I see
with this KASSERT and HVM (not surprising, since it's the same dom0
kernel).

I also tried again the same test kernel with this line commented out
as before, but on the Xen 3.1 hypervisor, just to see if there was any
observable difference.  This time, the HVM started and ran without
causing the local problem with the X server, but instead the HVM domU
ran very very slowly.  From a limited sample size, I'm not sure if
this represents a difference because of xen versions, or just
different test results I would have seen with either version.

I haven't used a non-HVM domU much (or at all?) since the 3.1 upgrade,
I shall try that when I can to see if that also trips this issue now.
This is on my laptop during daily work, so running repeated tests (and
fsck's) has to wait for suitable opportunities.

--
Dan.

--aRzsUE0Mp86t8N62

--aRzsUE0Mp86t8N62--