Subject: Re: grub/Xen2 and having SCSI and SATA disks
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@bsd.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/14/2007 23:11:10
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:17:29PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 06:05:57PM +0200, Christoph Badura wrote:
> > No, obviously it doesn't.  That begs the question what all the code
> > is supposed to do that relies on Xen getting the bootinfo from the
> > bios?
> I suspect it's an heritage from i386. What code are you talking about ?

The code in matchbiosdisks(), findroot(), cpu_rootconf() in
sys/arch/xen/i386/autoconf.c for example.

> > > works for me ...
> > What works for your?
> It properly probes ld(4)

So, you invoke just plain "grub --no-floppy" and it probes the ld(4) disks
that the kernel knows about?  I don't believe you.  Because there is no
code in lib/device.c that opens an ld(4) device.

--chris