Subject: Re: Xen3 problems
To: NetBSD/xen <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/24/2007 09:36:21
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 05:49:23 pm Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> I'm having problems to setup a new NetBSD/xen 4.0_BETA2 box for Xen3 dom0.
> What am I doing wrong?
>

> ROOT xen3:~> xm list
> Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
> running?

The only time I've seen anything like that when I am sure everything is set up
correctly is when I missed the grub screen and it booted to generic, though,
I can't remember what processes can and can't start when not booting
hypervisor/dom0.

I've never tried xen3 with anything earlier than current of mid last year and
it was always a breeze with the exception of /dev/xsd_kva.

I'm sure I've seen plenty of people mention they are using beta2 so I doubt
it's necessary to update but it may save you some time :) ... assuming
uname -a reports dom0 ;)

Just out of curiosity, does 'xm dmesg' function?

Sarton