Subject: Re: "blocked" domUs
To: david l goodrich <dlg@dsrw.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/09/2007 00:38:13
On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 11:19:10PM -0500, david l goodrich wrote:

> Booting the computer in single-processor mode (disabling SMP and
> ioapic and ACPI) solves the problem.
>
> Good enough, I'm sick of dealing with it.
>
> Clearly, NetBSD is not ready for prime-time when it comes to SMP.

Uh, you understand that, under Xen, there's *no difference* from NetBSD's
point of view between an SMP and uniprocessor system, right?

It sounds to me more like there's some problem with ACPI -- but given all
the hardware problems you've had with this system, I have no idea whether
to blame Xen, NetBSD, or the hardware.  It seems to me that when you have
ACPI and ioapic turned on, interrupts are not being delivered where they
should be.

Have you tried turning off ACPI in both Xen and NetBSD?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon	                               tls@rek.tjls.com
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all