Re: vlan + bridge + xen

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 12:07:28PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 03:07:35PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 08:27:50PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
Yes: 802.1Q packets are forwarded to the vlan(4) layer and so the bridge
Ok, makes sense. Somehow I have this vague recollection of that working,
(or maybe i just tried it and it didn't work) but that's besides the point.

never see them. This just won't work, the solution is to use one
vif per vlan.
If only that actually worked.  :l
It seems to work fine for me.

It does for me as well. In fact most of my Xen systems use 802.1Q connectivity.

As you've probably seen in the thread "boot hangs at uhci1," moving this computer has caused everything to break.

Except this! My VLANs seem to be happy, and I can communicate between domUs on different dom0s on VLANs without any trouble.
  --david