Subject: Re: boot hangs at uhci1
To: david l goodrich <dlg@dsrw.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/01/2007 21:39:49
On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 02:21:50PM -0500, david l goodrich wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >>i'll leave it at the db> prompt for now, let me know if there's any
> >>information that could be helpful, but 'ps' just listed swapper.

> >>scout's honor, all I did was shut the machine down, unplug it, move it
> >>15 feet, and plug it in again.  i haven't added hardware in a few weeks.
> >> The only PCI adapter in there is an fxp(4) network card.
> >
> >I wonder if the hardware could have suffered from the move. I'd first
> >try to run a memtest
> >

> one pass complete, no errors.  i'll let it keep running.

As it's reproductible, if it was a memory issue I think it would have
already found it.
It seems to be related to ioapics, so maybe a chipset issue. But I still
strongly suspect a hardware issue, or maybe something that changed in
BIOS. You may be able to get it running again by disabling both ACPI
and ioapics at xen and NetBSD levels:
kernel=xen.gz ... acpi=off noapic
module=netbsd ... -c
disable acpi