Subject: Re: Number of interfaces in Xen 3
To: Thomas Kula <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/28/2007 16:32:23
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 06:24:05AM -0400, Thomas Kula wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:27:22PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> > Does this apply to NetBSD/xen as well? Or is it only a Linux specific limit?
> >

> I don't know any details about any limits, but I can say that I
> have a NetBSD/xen domU with five xennet devices, four of which
> are actually in use and working just fine.

I can confirm that there's no limit in the NetBSD kernel, and I can't see why
there would be one in the hypervisor (it shouldn't know about the devices,
it only sees page exange and interrupts between domains). There may be
a limit in xentools, but 3 or even 5 would be awfully low (I have a xen2
domU with 25 vifs ...)