Re: rebooting a domU

Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking :(  Unfortunately, I want
all these separate domUs, and the boxes i want to use for Xen
only really support 1/2GiB of RAM.  (P3 Katmai and Coppermines
with i443something and i81x chipset.  The newer boxes I
want for workstations. )

It's not a physical RAM issue, just the assignment to the domu. Just don't try to assign every available MB. The balloon driver just allows (this is my layman understanding) the dynamic allocation when memory usage between dom0 and a domu fluctuates. Without researching I believe it is specific to the dom0 memory usage, allowing it to 'balloon' out when required ... or something like that.

Sarton