Re: Xen, grub and suggestions for a hardware RAID?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 01:55:50PM +0100, Johan Ihren wrote:
> But I need to be notified if a disk fails, etc. This box will sit in
> a remote facility and w/o status notifications there is zero
> opportunity for me to know if there are issues with the RAID. Am I
> missing something obvious here?

You should as far as I know at least get a kernel message if something
goes wrong with the RAID. My RAID controller reports the status of
the RAID in the kernel messages:

ld0 at icp0 unit 0: <PD_A000>, type: RAID-1, status: optimal <---

And if I remember correctly I got another kernel message when something
went wrong with it (the original firmware apperently had trouble with
disks >128GB).

        Kind regards