Subject: Re: Which Platform?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Chris Dukes <pakrat@pr.neotoma.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 02/09/2007 14:14:24
On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 02:00:34PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> On the domUs, you can can run any version that supports Xen; there's
> no reason it has to match the dom0.  I use a different kernel file (in
> dom0 root) for each domU, so I can upgrade them separately.  I have in
> fact run different versions, e.g. recent netbsd-4 and current from a
> year ago, and have had no problems.

Just a nitpick, but I've been burned with it a couple times.
DomU must support the version of the Xen hypervisor you have.
If you keep your hypervisor constant, it should be a non-issue.
If you upgrade your hypervisor, you may swear for a bit.
--
Chris Dukes
< elfick> willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up