Subject: Re: Xen, grub and suggestions for a hardware RAID?
To: Johan Ihren <johani@johani.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-xen
Date: 02/07/2007 09:35:57
On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>> * 3ware Escalade 9500S-4LP (supported by twa(4) or twe(4), although
>> looking again that seems less than clear)
>
> I have 2 9500S-8LP in a server here, it's fast (supported by
> twa) and I didn't have any issues with theses so far.

I've been using 8506S and 9500S for a while with no problems, plus you can
use the FreeBSD tw_cli command line utility to manage them. The UK 3ware
disti is telling us that 9500 series cards are on their way out and they
don't hold stock. They were pushing the 9550 instead (and a PCI-Express
version which didn't look to be supported ATM) which is less flexible
about what PCI slots it will fit in. Both 9500 and 9550 are supported bye
twa).

--
Stephen