Subject: Re: Run the MSWindows on wd0g as a domU
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jan.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/22/2007 00:35:46
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> drivers, I don't know if windows can easily support switching from
> one driver to another. Especially for disk controller, if you have a
> IDE controller in native mode, windows will probably see a different BIOS
> number of the drive in Xen and native, and this may prevent it
> from booting at all.

I suggest to regard this as replacing the motherboard of a system running
Windows and there are are recipes out there to be found through your
favorite search engine. Even Microsoft has an entry for this in their
knowledge base (kb824125).
In any case, a complete backup (I would prefer to create a complete disk
image) beforehand would be in order.

ciao
     Klaus