Subject: Re: Create a virtualdisk.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/21/2007 12:24:23
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>> But I cant make this work in NetBSD, I'm using NetBSD 3.1, with xen
>> 2.0 (I'm using Xen 2.0 because I haved problems with the 3.0.3
>> release, int hangs then i boots)..
>
> This is strange

I had the same, -current (47 days ago. 4.99.3?) with Xen3. The Dom0 would
lock solid at seemingly random points during boot (during the time when
rc.d scripts were running, i.e. after the kernel messages and devices were
probed). Booting a standard GENERIC worked fine, but as soon as I ran it
as a Dom0 it would wedge. As I was sitting in a co-lo at the time and
needed the machine running ASAP, I had to give up and put on 3.1_STABLE
and Xen2. I didn't have time to do any more investigation, but it's
probably worth a data point.

--
Stephen