Re: Hypervisor issues with PTE

Mathieu Ropert wrote:
_PAGE_GNTTAB is set to use the 3th free bit of the page table entry (0x800). In NetBSD/i386 it's defined as PG_X. After looking at the code a bit, i think it's used by the software execute-disable feature. It hasn't always been in the code so i guess you can *theorically* remove it.

So... maybe disabling the execute-disable feature might work.
I think that there aren't any more free bits, so, unless the hypervisor provides
this one would have to live without.

I wonder what happens if I #define PG_X 0 :-)