Subject: Re: Xen2 vs Xen3: features and stability?
To: NetBSD/xen <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Brookes <cbrookes@gmail.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/23/2006 15:34:25
> b) what's the general feeling as to production worthiness of the xen3
> stuff? As stable as xen2 (which is working just great for me, and I
> use it for a number of dom0's and dozens of domU's of different
> shapes and forms)?

I have been using a NetBSD Xen 2 Dom 0/ Multiple Dom U setup for
around 10 months at home with absolutely no problems what so ever.
I've been contemplating upgrading to Xen 3, but have been waiting to
hear a few success stories before making the leap.

Elsewhere I run a Xen 3.0.2-2 Linux Dom-0  with around 10 different
Dom-U's covering Linux, NetBSD and FreeBSD. One of my NetBSD dom-U's
on that Linux Xen 3 dom-0 has been running "production" traffic and
has an uptime of 125 days, with just 1 problem - an apparent random
networking lockup that was resolved with a simple ifconfig bounce. So
from my experience certainly NetBSD Xen 3 Dom-U is stable. The thing I
miss most in my home Xen 2 is the xm top command available in Xen 3.